Sunday, January 10, 2010

Back In The Saddle Again

Geez! What a crazy week! I had every intention of starting the exercises again earlier this week, but then I was hit with all kinds of distractions. One day I had to help a friend move some things to a warehouse, then pick up one of Andrew's friends from school a few days. Then another one of Andrew's friends called and needed our help. He's had a lot of crap going on in his life and we told him our door was always open. He took advantage of it and has been with us for a few days to get away from the drama and chaos of his life at home.

BUT I was committed to starting up again even if I am a few days off schedule. I was going to do the exercises this afternoon but Andrew's friend was still sleeping in his room where I do the exercises. I want to give him a few days of peace to just be. No pressure or demands...for now.

I had to be at work at 6pm so I figured I'd have to start on Monday. I got off work early enough and decided to break the ice and just do the exercises on my own without Martin's help because he was working. I just wanted to get started again! I had to get back in the saddle!

I am definitely rusty. I only did 20 mins of the brain wave generator. Martin got me new headphones that are really comfy and drown out any outer noise but it didn't help me get my astral groove back. I was planning on doing 30-40mins. I couldn't get the sensations of the bouncy ball and raising energy like I use to. Maybe because it's so bloody freezin here in sunny SW FLA. We ain't use to this kind of cold weather for so long, a week now. My hands went numb from being so cold. I have the heat on but it wasn't enough.

I also worked on emptying my mind by saying relax, relax, over and over. It helped my body to relax and empty my mind...well sorta. I was having a bit of a hard time even with that too. Bummer. BUT at least I got started again. Tomorrow, Martin will be working with me and help me get back on track.

I am waiting on my book, Astral Travel for Beginners, to come in from Amazon. We carried it in our store when we had it, but out of all the books we still have from our store, that wasn't one of them. Bummer again. I do have the book, Astral Dynamics, but that one can do my head in at times. It can be so technical. I'm looking forward to Astral Travel for Beginners. It should be an easier read in between Astral Dynamics.

Sooooo I am planning on being back da mara(Irish for tomorrow) doing the exercises. I really need to be doing them everyday for a week to get back in the swing of things, we'll if that actually happens. The best laid plans of mice and men....

1 comment:

  1. Yay, i'm excited you've started back too. It will help to motivate me. It was 110 degrees farenheit here (Australia) yesterday, so it seems you can't always win with the weather no matter where you are in the world.
    I've got myself a copy of Edain McCoys Astral Projection for Beginners. It wouldn't have been my first choice, but it was what my local bookshop had on offer and it has been helpful in giving some tips for the hows and whys of various preparation techniques.
    Cheers,
    E

    ReplyDelete